Value. Respect. Investment in You.
Sunday - Thursday 2 PM - 11 PM
Incentive pay - No Flat Rates
The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance teams keep things running, our business in motion and our customers successful.
Gordon Food Service At a Glance There's a seat at our table for you.
With over 1800 tractors and 2100 trailers in our private fleet, our dedicated team of Diesel Fleet Technicians provide repair, maintenance, and preventative diagnostics for all of our tractors, trailers, refrigeration units, and more. We know we couldn't serve our customers skilled mechanics and technicians to keep our equipment operating effectively and our drivers safe on the road. We appreciate the skill and expertise of these teams and provide them with some of the best working conditions in the field. Put your career in high gear with our team!
Diesel Fleet Garage/Warehouse -
- Shift/Hours: Sun- Thurs 2PM- 11:00PM
- Pay: based upon experience
- Incentive pay $2.70/hr - most of our mechanics earn 80% or more of this incentive
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hrs/week NO FLAT RATES
- $450/yr tool allowance
- $100/yr boot allowance
A day in the life of our Diesel Fleet Technicians include:
- End to end inspection & diagnostic analysis of equipment
- Establish maintenance and repair schedule to complete for each asset assigned
- Perform all maintenance, repairs, and preventative (warranty) maintenance to ensure each unit is ready to return to service
- For this team, we are searching for someone with Reefer expertise - or we'll train the right person
Here’s what makes us different:
- Extensive training with a skilled mechanic in first 30 days to help you find success quickly!
- Hourly rates – no flat rates – we pay you for the time it takes to complete the job with quality
- Lifts – no pits for your safety
- Pipe over fill stations – no rolling carts and messy spills
- Clean organized parts room for easy
- We provide the heavier, specialty tools – you bring the basics
- Continuous training, certification – every year – WE INVEST IN YOU
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunities to grow your future within our company
Like every job, we have some minimum requirements:
- High school diploma/GED are required
- Valid, unrestricted state-issued driver's license (required)
- Graduate of an accredited Heavy Truck /Diesel Technology School OR applicable three years experience
- Ability to communicate in English (required) – writing, speaking, and reading
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.