Commercial Sales Manager
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. Gordon Food Service At a Glance There's a seat at our table for you...
You’ve never experienced a SALES TEAM quite like ours!
By utilizing a consultative, relationship-focused approach, our sales team is at the front lines, helping make our customers' food service businesses thrive. We invite you to join our team of high-performing, results-driven sales professionals, where the potential for our customers is personal.
What sets us apart?
A generous 401(k) matching program that is above industry standards
Financial Rewards for Performance
Low-cost Benefit options for your family, health, and future
A Culture of Integrity and Respect
Sevant Leadership at its best...
At Gordon Food Service, our leaders achieve outstanding business results by creating win/win relationships – with customers, employees, and vendors. This model has been working for over 115 years, and we look forward to presenting a Commercial Sales Manager opportunity to someone who has demonstrated the ability to drive results through relationships.
As a Commercial Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of high-performing, results-driven outside sales representatives. As the leader for their assigned Market, the Commercial Sales Manager has the following key accountabilities:
Executing the Business Plan:
- Assist with new account development and visit key customers to build relationships and to assist with the resolution of serious customer concerns.
- Oversee the development of sales targets for individual sales representatives, collaborting with their supervisors
- Assist in the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
Providing Industry Expertise:
- Maintain visibility with key customers, segments or associations
- Participate in food shows, regional customer events, customer segment shows and customer trips to headquarters.
- Understand areas of customer focus, including Sales Building, Staffing, Profitability, and Compliance
- Maintain knowledge of segment through industry magazines and local culinary organizations
- Collaborate with Human Resources to hire, develop, and retain staff, creating strong succession plans and developing the next generation of leaders
- Collaborate with sales team members to identify goals and objectives, provide regular and candid feedback through evaluations or coaching sessions
- Serve as a role model and resource to others
Is this the job for you? We are looking for:
- Four to six years previous sales or business experience with an understanding of segment needs, customer and business type requirements
- Must have industry and segment knowledge and be able to analyze and interpret data
- Must be able to develop profitability models and other analytical tools
- Must be able to work “exceptional” hours including evenings and weekends
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.