Warehouse Freezer Selector (Night Shift) - Coppell, TX
Experience a world where hard work and great pay create a place where you can learn by doing, meet new challenges, work alongside some of the greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way. Our talented warehouse team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results.
We expect great things from you – and you should expect a great experience with us.
Distribution Center in Coppell, TX
- Working Hours: Sunday through Friday (full-time) starting at 3:00PM working until the work is finished. There will be a rotation of a day off during the week for the 2nd day off.
- Location: 777 Freeport Parkway Coppell, TX 75019 (near the Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport)
Pay: We're willing to invest in YOU during your 120 days training period...check it out!
- You'll start at $15.96 per hour (paid weekly) with a guarantee of $1.60 incentive/hour (paid monthly) during your first 90 days training period. More incentives available once you achieve 100% pick rates (usually within 8 weeks) – so you can earn even more per hour. We’ll cover those details with you in the interview. Being accurate and fast pays off!
- Benefits after 30 days!
Order Selectors have a very physically demanding job here – we call it the “get paid to work out” program. You’ll be picking product (up to 100 pounds per case) throughout the shift and getting it ready for delivery to our customers.
Like any job, there are some requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Experience in warehouse / distribution is highly preferred but not required
- Must be able to work holidays and overtime as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- We have frozen products – your ability to work in extreme cold or hot conditions is required while you’re here
- Remember we said, “hard work” – you might lift 25-100 pounds per case as part of this job
- Successfully pass our drug screen and background check requirements (criminal background check, yes – we do not check your credit score)
- Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process
Other skills and abilities needed for this job:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment requiring constant walking, ascending/descending stairs or pallet jack platform, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions).
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the startup, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our manually operated distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business! Working together to meet the needs of our customers take a lot of effort and these individuals are the key to our success. Take a look at what it's like to be a selector or packer within our manual distribution center : Click Here to Watch the Video
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.