Guest speaker Carolyn Corbin is president of the Center for the 21st Century, which provides speeches, executive briefings, consulting, and organizational training in critical 21st century issues.
As an internationally renowned socioeconomic futurist, author, and speaker, Carolyn’s work offers tremendous insights into organizational and personal issues. She has been spotlighted in hundreds of TV, radio, Internet, and periodical interviews including ABC, CBS, and NBC affiliates, CNN, the Gannett (owner of USA Today) newswire, and United Press International throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Among her honors and awards, Carolyn has been named:
- Texas Role Model for Entrepreneurial Women;
- Distinguished Alumna, University of North Texas;
- Most Impressive American by the Toastmasters of Peru;
- Professional of the Year by the American Society for Training and Development;
- 21 for the 21st Century Leadership Award by Inside Collin County Business newspaper;
- Distinguished Lion in the McKinney High School Hall of Honor (for MHS alumni).
- 2015 Citizen of the Year, Presented by the McKinney (Texas) Chamber of Commerce
Carolyn’s clients and sponsors for her work include such diverse organizations as the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency; Yahoo;
Carolyn has written five award-winning books, some of which have ranked #1 on several best-seller lists and have reached markets on every major continent. Her latest book, Community Leadership 4.0: Impacting a World Gone Wiki, is available in both traditional and digital formats. Upon publication, it immediately became the Number 1 Top Rated Amazon.com Kindle eBook in Public Affairs & Administration and held that ranking for 18 months. The book also became a Book Pick of the World Future Society. In March 2013, Community Leadership 4.0 was named Book of the Month by the Malaysian Foresight Institute of the Prime Minister's Department in Malaysia.
After the meeting, a limited number of Community Leadership 4.0 books will be available for a special Coppell Chamber of Commerce discounted price of $10. All book sales will be cash or check only.
Thank you to our Studnet of the Month Sponsor